Friday, November 13, 2009

Lost in Durham

by Abby

See this park.

Park

Looking at this map, you'd never guess that this park is cloaked in an invisibility shield. You'd never know this because you would probably make all the right (or left) turns and end up zipping down the slide or flying in the swings in under five minutes.

I, on the other hand, fell victim to the park's invisibility shield for a full hour as I looped around and around just catching glimpses of what I knew must be the space in which the park was contained while never actually finding the entrance.

Sadly, I can't even use the excuse of it being in an unfamiliar neighborhood. This park is seriously right behind
Local Yogurt and with as much time as I spend there, I should know my way around.

Instead, I will blame the trees which provided superior camouflage; the technology that was bombarding me (You try melding written directions from a friend with Google maps on your iPhone all while your GPS is screaming at you to "Turn around when possible."); the missing street sign on the corner; and what is obviously a secret government experiment in land disappearances.

Abby is constantly lost both on the actual road and on the road of life. But she does usually persevere and eventually finds her way. You can read about all her journeys at
My Sweet Babboo or follow her ramblings on Twitter.



Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At October 29, 2018 at 10:34 PM , Blogger Lisa Resnick said...

I'm personally a big fan of trianglemamas blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
clipping path service

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home