Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Rookie Parenting

Little Bird, my Christopher, is almost one. At the end of this month, we will stop counting months and start counting years. It has gone by quickly.

He has learned so much over the past year. When I think back on that helpless lump baby that had terrible gas and a difficult time nursing, I am in awe of how he will now just cruise on over and latch himself on without a care in the world. I am in awe of his motor skills and his communication skills. I am in awe of his reasoning ability. He has learned so much.

Me, on the other hand? I still feel like a complete novice.

My friend Boo is pregnant, due in February. I find myself wanting to preface anything I tell her with, "This is what worked for us sometimes," or "You probably want to get some other opinions on this," or "Watch out because my child is lucky I haven't completely ruined him by now."

Little Bird is confident. He stands up and looks around for the very next challenge to tackle. He doesn't look back, and when he falls, he gets right back up again.

I'm thinking he gets that from his dad, because it seems as though I'm never going to quit feeling like a rookie.

An original Triangle Mamas post. Marty also shares her ignorance on the matter at Don't Take the Repeats and Deep South Moms.



Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home